Please remember that all events are fragrance-free.
To accommodate those with allergies, asthma, lung and breathing conditions and multiple chemical sensitivities, please do not smoke or wear scented products when attending support groups and events at NHDEC.
Event Calendar & Newsletter:
- September 2017 Event Calendar coming
To honor Dan, New Horizons Driver: Please do something nice for someone, a random act of kind-ness, on the 2nd of each month in memory of Dan. It takes just a moment to brighten someone’s day.
Community Leadership Academy is an exciting new, free course to be held at NHDEC.
Want help in turning your passion into expertise????
Great News! New Horizons Disability Empowerment Center is now offering a 6 week course - Community Leadership Academy (CLA) right here in Prescott Valley, AZ.
The CLA course is designed to help people connect and contribute to their communities while also strengthening and promoting leadership and advocacy skills - especially those with disabilities or their family members or caregivers.
Our goal is to help you develop skills that increase YOUR impact on our communities.
Gain your VOICE …! Be HEARD …!
Classes in Prescott Valley are being scheduled to begin soon, so call to let us know of your interest. Come to one of our short Orientation Sessions to find out more and see if it is a fit for you! Call Joan (CLA Trainer) at (928) 756-2728 to leave a message with your details - there is NO FEE!
Come and be inspired!!!
NHDEC seeks Peer Mentors for Support Groups
Take our mentoring courses to become a mentor where your knowledge and experience can be of help to others. Your skill and ability to overcome challenges will help others with diabetes, brain injury, stroke, MS, spinal cord injury Parkinson’s, and a variety of other disabilities. Training is provided. Please contact Mary H. at 928-515-2529 with your questions or to set up an interview.
New Horizons newsletter and monthly events: If you are not receiving our newsletter, please let us know if you want to receive it by either email or regular mail. Provide your address by calling 928-772-1266, leave your information with any staff member or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No fragrances please. To accommodate those with allergies, asthma, lung and breathing conditions and multiple chemical sensitivities, please do not smoke or wear scented products when attending support groups and events at NHDEC.
New Horizons Transportation is available Monday through Friday and also on Saturdays by appointment. Call 775-8870 for our low rates to schedule rides to shopping, appointments, medical, work, movies, and more. We have accessible, lift-equipped vans, and trained drivers. Vouchers accepted. Call 775-8870 in advance.
NH DEC Support Groups – For more information, call Mary at 928-515-2529. All groups are held at New Horizons DEC located at 9400 E. Valley Road, Prescott Valley. For more information about the following groups, call Mary at 928-515-2529.
- Brain Injury Support Group (TBI/B.I.G.) - meets the 2nd Thursday each month at 3:00 p.m. Call Mary at 928-515-2529.
- Cerebral Palsy, Autism, DD for Caregivers and Parents - meets on 2nd Saturday at 2:00 p.m. Call Delcy at 928-460-9570.
- Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome (CFIDS) and Fibromyalgia Support Group - meets on the 3rd Thursday at 2 p.m. The next date is September 21.
- Diabetes - 1st Saturday at 10:00 a.m. Call Patrick at 414-446-0338.
- Hiking - 3rd Saturday at 8:00 a.m. Call Sam at 928-713-5237.
- Living with Arthritis - 4th Saturday at 10:00 a.m.
- MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities) Support Group - meets on the 3rd Tuesday at 2 p.m. The next dates are September 19 and October 17. Watch for presentations and videos at future meetings.
- MS - Meets on the 4th Saturday at 2:00 p.m.
- Pain Management Support Group - 3rd Saturday at 10:00 a.m.
- Parkinson’s Group - Meets the 2nd Saturday at 10:00 a.m. Call Dave at 928-533-4361.
- Peer Mentors Training.
Acupuncture Treatments by Miriam Benson. Call her for an appointment at 776-4488.
Computer Class: Free computer classes are held each Tuesday (except on holidays) from 10:00 a.m.—noon for all skill levels - from beginners to those with computer skills who need extra assistance with job search, internet, email, etc. Please call Pete at 772-1266 Ext. 105 for information.
Computer to Use - Computers are available to use every day from 8:30 till 4:30, except during holidays, or other special events.
Dave's Out to Lunch Bunch
Dave’s Out to Lunch Bunch meets on the 2nd Thursday each month at noon. The next date is September 14 at Streets of New York (in Fry’s Shopping Center), 7025 E. Florentine in Prescott Valley. Their phone number is 928-759-9877.
Haircuts are not currently available.
For More Information
Community Information Coordinator/Outreach
9400 E. Valley Road
Prescott Valley, AZ 86314
Phone: 928-772-1266, Ext 108
Toll free: 1-800-406-2377